My Family

My Family
This was taken at Lost Valley (march 2010)

Saturday, January 25, 2014

the brink

Well, today was real. I would like to discuss the "brink". You know the "verge". The limit that you reach when you have had enough. Some people may handle it differently than some, no doubt about that. We are all different but today was another day for me to see myself react to my limits. I am not a big crowd person and there I was in a VERY large crowd. Jump mania in is not the place to go on a Saturday if you aren't into the crowd situation or the faint smell of urine. lol Anywhoo, well after that I picked up a car part for a "friend". It was on the other side of Springfield and in an area I had never been in. Meanwhile back at the ranch I had all three kids in the car with the emphasis on the 22 month old who was tired and hungry. I know I need it stamped on my forehead... K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid). So with the baby crying and saying hep hep (help) in the back seat I swing into McDonald's... THAT'S right.. you do what you gotta do. I did this so I could get him a drink and some fries so I could have a complete thought about where we would go eat. A restaurant with seats and not just a window that you talk to.... lol  Maybe an adult would speak to me. Even if it was to just take my order and glance at me in a desperate fashion. I didn't care. As long as it was someone over the age of 14 I didn't care. Finally after driving around looking for a not so busy place I found a small sandwich shop that seemed nice. IT was great... and we got the best seat in the house. The one that was closest to the bathroom (seriously). When you have 3 kids it is mandatory that you are close to a restroom and with baby # 4 on the way I need to be close just as much as the kids. We got our food and it was bliss! The car ride home.................. well lets just say it ended with me making the kids listen to jazz and me pulsing around like I had swallowed some sort of 80"s boom box. That  is how I deal with things. I just go ahead a jump right on off the cliff, no parachute, no second thoughts. Driving by people barely passing them while pushing myself into my seat and making a face like I am passing them at warp speed. Pulling up to someone on the interstate wearing a banana on the top rim of my glasses and arching my eye brows at them..... yes this is what dream are made of. Its not life changing for most but it sure changed my life at that point... the "brink" the "verge" my limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment