My Family

My Family
This was taken at Lost Valley (march 2010)

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thrive

There is something about a new blank piece of paper. I absolutely love a new note book, a new pen, new journal, or anything of this sort. I love the feeling of endless possibilities I get from it. The way is smells, feels, and the looks of it, so fresh and hopeful. Sometimes it intimidate me. I am a list maker. I LOVE a good list. I have lists for my lists. I have journals that have six entry's at most and then they stop because just as consistent as I am about making a list.... I am extremely inconstant with most things that matter. I have noticed things about myself that really turn me off. I cant seem to get out of the mental pajama state I am in. I can make lists like a mad professor but my follow through is always left lacking. I constantly set myself up for disappointment with my list making. I say all of this because I want you to know how completely and hopelessly hopeful I am about change.
There are so many things in my life I would love to change about myself, but not just to benefit myself. I want to change myself so I can be more for others. So I can make their life (and mine) more than what it is. I have always looked at people and said quietly to myself  "what if you were put in the best environment for you? How you would thrive! What would you have to offer? What differences in this world would you make?" That begs the return of a look back at self. I honestly feel that I have been given the best environment for me. I and I alone am choosing everyday what I do with it. I am the one that chooses if I thrive or merely survive. I must move! Complacency is a slow and painful death. IT doesn't boast of its dying. it just simply disappears. I DON'T want to survive. I want to thrive. I want to thrive in Gods kingdom. I want to thrive in and for my family. I want my marriage to thrive. I know all these things are possible through Christ. He said so in his word. His love letter to us. With him all things ARE possible. I will THRIVE in this life so I can wear a crown in the next one.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment