My Family

My Family
This was taken at Lost Valley (march 2010)

Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Family Dog

Ok so a LOT had happened since the last time I blogged, but today I will speak of the "family dog". So if you are anyone that knows us at all we have had quite a few dogs in the last 10 years.....9 or 10 to be exact. We would get one, OH THE EXCITMENT!! Then reality would set in. The poor victim would nip, have to many accidents, shed, bark too much, become OVER protective, ect. Trying to find a dog that fits our busy and growing family is a challenge. I always hear that disapproving hesitation in peoples voice.... "another... dog....? What happened to the last dog" and I always reply with something quick and as painless as possible. I would even get to a point where I just quit telling people about our array of k-9 variety and just let them find out for themselves if or when they came over. I know it seems crazy, I know people think I should just give up, I have my hands too full anyway, and so on and so forth, but the truth is that this is the way I am. I am not sorry for wanting a dog for our little family. I am not sorry for having a dream of the kids playing outside with a little dog, growing up with a little friend who will just simply listen. I am not sorry for being a dreamer at times. SO  with that being said we are on dog # 10 I believe and right this min he is doing GREAT. That might change tomorrow but for now he is fine. If he isn't the one we will find him a happy home and keep up the search.
And a special thanks to my husband who puts up with these rollercoaster that I put us on. ITs all for the best dear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment