My Family

My Family
This was taken at Lost Valley (march 2010)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Other Side of the World

Heading back home from a day at Silver Dollar City we crossed the bridge at Table Rock Dam. As we crossed you could see the Branson Bell out on the lake. I said " Hey, guys look at that! Do you see that BIG boat out on the lake?" Aidan replied, "HEY THAT LOOKS LIKE DADDY'S BOAT!" Then Allton,  "DADDY!!!!"  Alltons outstretched hands didn't make it any easier. I sighed and said "no guys that isn't daddy's boat. Daddy is in Singapore, on the other side of the world." "On the other side of the world" I said quietly to my self with another small sigh. Gripping the steering wheel in a desperate attempt to bring my self back from  mental travels, I realize how far "other side of the world" is. It is easy to go about your day, fill them up, count them down, slowly put them behind you.......but when you STOP.....it becomes a pill that is hard to swallow. It seems as though I have told myself that he is only an airplane flight away. At times I want to sit on the porch like a small child and wait for him to appear out of the distance, but I know I can't. I need to hold the fort down. I will tell myself, "Its only 8 more days." then I will suck it up and start moving forward once again until that wondrous day that we get to go PICK UP DADDY! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved the post! And I LOVE the new look of your blog.. its been a while since I have been on.. looks good around blog lawson.. :) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Saw you became a recent follower of mine! I'm so flattered that you would join me on my journey.

    ReplyDelete